"'Ello Love" (NC-17) COMPLETE

Chat about the stories you're currently reading with other fans.

"'Ello Love" (NC-17) COMPLETE

Postby DeeDee777 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:55 am

I'm fairly new here, and I just recently posted my first Rob fanfic, titled " 'Ello, Love," in the Angst/Drama category of the Fanfiction board. It's actually a re-write of an old Hayden Christensen fanfic I'd written about three years ago, and it's pretty much autobiographical (at least when it comes to the female lead character it is . . . because she's me! ;) ), with just a few dramatic embellishments. I just updated the story, changed the male lead to Rob and changed the plot to make it related to Rob, and a new fanfic was born! hehehe Please check it out and, after you read it, post a message to let me know what y'all think of it. Thanks! 8-)

Last edited by DeeDee777 on Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
DeeDee777

Re: New Rob Fanfic-"'Ello Love" (NC-17)

Postby Let_it_rain » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:48 pm

Sounds interesting
Let_it_rain

Re: New Rob Fanfic-"'Ello Love" (NC-17)

Postby DeeDee777 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:12 am

I set my story in the future only because I knew that there was also a Twi Tour date set in Chicago for next year already, too, but I knew that this year's TwiTour Chicago date was coming up soon, and I knew I couldn't go to this one. I'm still holding out hope that I'll be able to go to the Chicago weekend next year. Oh, and just FYI for when you read it . . . with the exception of me having "brain cancer" and, of course, the whole storyline of meeting Rob being fictional, too . . . basically everything else in that story is, in fact, autobiographical . . . at least as far as the relationships I have with all the other characters in the story. I put a lot of myself, my friends and my family, and my own personal experiences into that story.

I really felt like the fact that I made "myself" the female lead character in this story really made the story more personal for me . . . sort of like my own little "love letter to Rob." And, when I'd initially written this story as "Hello, My Love" . . . a Hayden Christensen fanfiction that I'd initially written for DesiringHayden.net about three years ago . . . I was inspired to write the story after reading someone else's fanfiction on that forum, and I had the idea to write a semi-autobiographical story, incorporating my personal experience with living with hydrocephalus and my experience with watching my father die from brain cancer, and it just sort of seemed natural for me to combine those two elements, to not only add drama to the story but also to help me work through the feelings of grief and loss over my father's death that I was still dealing with at that point . . . and it did end up being really "easy" actually. The story practically wrote itself. Initially, I'd ended the story without an Epilogue . . . but then I'd added the Epilogue later, because the last chapter just didn't seem like a very satisfying ending to the story. Then, when I got the idea to update the story and turn it into a Rob fanfic, it was even easier, because about 90% of the story was really already "written" . . . I just had to change a lot of little details throughout the story, and I ended up actually adding in a few details in the love scenes here and there, taking some of my favorite parts of love scenes from another Hayden fanfic I'd written and incorporating them in there.
DeeDee777

Re: New Rob Fanfic-"'Ello Love" (NC-17) COMPLETE

Postby DeeDee777 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:27 pm

Just wanted to add a little note here, because I realized I made a big mistake in this topic over on the story board . . . I started posting comments/updates on changes, and started receiving comments from readers and then answering them, before realizing that all comments should be posted here on the Message board instead. :oops: SORRY!!

Please post any comments/reviews here from now on! THANKS!!! 8-)
DeeDee777

Return to Discuss Stories